Thursday, August 2, 2012

Olympics 2012!

I know everyone is going crazy for Olympics this time of year and I am one of those crazies!


Opening night of the Olympics I decided to bake cookies with my daughter Ava...aka she randomly came into the kitchen once in a while to ask if the cookies were done yet. 


I was very happy with the way they turned out! I used Bake@350's sugar cookie recipe, which I have to say is by far the best recipe I have ever used. And I used Sweetopia's Royal Icing recipe, which again I have to say is far better than the recipe on the Meringue Powder package. Since switching to her Royal Icing recipe I have found that my icing is drying higher, puffier and shinier. 


I cut out the cookies using a circle set I bought at William Sonoma aka the mother ship. I used the second largest cutter and the third smallest.


I flooded all of the cookies in the Olympic colours, then I added sprinkles and edible glitter. Surprisingly (not really) I had all of the sprinkle colours and edible glitter colours on hand! As I was flooding the cookies I couldn't help but notice how much they looked like donuts! How fun would that be? Cookie Donuts...I love decorating cookies! The absolute endless possibilities!!


I think they turned out great only wish the Olympic rings on the white cookie had come out a little crisper. I think my icing was a tad too thick.



How are you celebrating the Olympics this year? What's your favourite event? Who are you cheering for? 

No comments:

Post a Comment