Monday, August 6, 2012

Mmm Eggplant Mmmonday's!

For Mmmonday's this week I've created a delicious Eggplant dish!


Hey! Where are you going? Don't you like Eggplant? Even my kids will eat eggplant when I make them! This is delicious and simple I promise!


I used a leftover eggplant I had an made semi thick slices about 1/2 an inch. Then I drizzled olive oil over them and threw on some salt and pepper and headed to the grill. 
Then......I sort of accidentally forgot that they were on the grill because I was tired and really when do I ever use the grill in the morning? But don't fret I did eventually remember I had put them on the grill and they weren't too bad!

Once the eggplant had finished grilling on the second time (total grill time: 15 mins) I started the poached eggs.  



I have a fancy (it's not that fancy) egg poacher. I don't like the water method I always end up screwing it up and I never have vinegar on hand. So I use my egg poacher, cover and cook 3 minutes.


When I uncover I check the eggs to make sure the whites are fully done...I am checking for jiggly-ness. No Jiggle so we're good!






Then pour your favourite cup of coffee, top the eggplant with your poached eggs, add a little pepper and salt and dig in!



Look at those perfectly delicious runny yolks!


Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm! This was so good my mouth is watering all over again!


This is my daughters plain egg. She took this picture and I just had to share! What more could you ask for than a 5 year old asking for the camera so she can take a picture of her own food?! Love!

No comments:

Post a Comment