Okay let's make one of my most favourite things in the whole world!
Smores Ice Cream!!
1/2 Cup Sifted Cocoa powder
1/3 Cup Brown Sugar
1/4 Cup Granulated Sugar
2/3 Cup Milk (I used 1%)
1 1/2 Cups Heavy Cream
2 Hershey's chocolate bars melted
4 Full Graham Cracker "Sheets"
3 TBS Marshmallow Fluff
Cuisinart Ice Cream Maker
1. Combine the Cocoa and sugars together in a bowl, add the milk and whisk for 2-3 minutes until everything is incorporated.
2. Add the heavy cream and mix for 1 minute.
3. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 2-4 hours or overnight if possible.
Note: This step I have decided is crucial for making super delicious creamy ice cream, go for overnight if you can!!
4. Next grab your chocolate, marshmallow and graham crackers. I couldn't find any actual fluff at Walmart so just grabbed the WM Brand.
5. Melt your Chocolate in the microwave for 30 seconds at a time until it is nice and smooth.
I LOVE this photo with the half melted away Hershey logos!
6. Now grab your ice cream from the fridge and your ice cream bowl from the freezer. Turn the machine on so it starts to churn and slowly add your ice cream mixture. Let mix for approx 12 mins until it's just starting to become semi solid. You don't want it too solid or else it will be difficult to mix in the rest of your ingredients fully.
7. Crush up your Graham crackers until they are about the size of a nickel, any bigger and the machine might have a hard time turning.
8. Once your ice cream is starting to become semi solid add your marshmallow fluff and let it become fully incorporated into the chocolate ice cream.
Look at this wonderful marriage of ice cream and marshmallow!!!
9. Add your Graham crackers to the ice cream and let it mix.
10. Next add your chocolate to the ice cream and let it mix together.
11. Now your ice cream is ready!!! YAY!!! First step you should probably get a spoon and eat at least 5-6 bites...y'know for quality control purposes.
12. Then put it in the freezer as quickly as you can. I'm convinced doing this and allowing it to freeze for a good 2-3 hours is what keeps the graham crackers crunchy in the ice cream and not soggy.
13. Then you're pretty much ready to eat the whole container before anyone gets home...and repeat the above steps so that the Smores ice cream you promised to make them the night before is actually in the freezer when they get home.
Or/And you can try the following fun ways to have the ice cream:
This is a picture of my husbands bowl of ice cream that he reluctantly let me take a picture of, all the while eyeing me suspiciously up and down convinced I was also going to steal some.
He was right to be paranoid...
I made these shooters for a dessert party we went to for church! I put some cinnamon graham cracker crust at the bottom and then just layered ice cream and crust. I topped it off with some honey whipped cream!
SO SO GOOD!
SO SO GOOD!
Last but not least, put your Ice Cream in a small Mason Jar and give to a friend just because they share your same love and devotion to all things Smores!