Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Ballerina Cookies

 Our daughter Ava had her summer ballet recital this past weekend and the parents were emailed and asked to bring some home baked goods to sell with the profits going to the local food shelter. 


I thought it would be cute to make some Ballerina cookies. I used my favourite cookie recipe from Bake at 350 I use Lemon extract instead of Almond Extract. And then I whipped up my fav Royal Icing from Sweetopia.


 First for the heart cookies I outlined a ballet slipper.


Then filled it in and used some white Royal icing for the ballet straps.


For the ballet slipper cookies I outlined the slipper. 


Then I created a border around the inside of the shoe and filled it in and added a white bow. 


When both cookies had dried for 24 hours I brushed them with a little bit of water mixed with meringue powder and shook on the glitter. Then I placed them in a food safe cookie bag and added some white ribbon at the top. 



Below are a few pictures of our little ballerina in action! She did such a good job we are so proud of her. 



No comments:

Post a Comment