Monday, September 17, 2012

Pajama Party Sneak Peak!

This year when I asked Ava what kind of Birthday party she wanted she surprised me by picking a pajama party. Pajama Party!! Yes I can totally do that! 

I got started on searching my favourite place in the world for idea's because really I am inspired by all of you out there!
Of course I'm talking about Pintrest! 

I found some pretty cool idea's but didn't know what exactly I would do about the invitations. Last year I was pretty happy with the treasure maps so I knew this year had to be equally if not more epic. 

And then I looked down and saw my leftover fabric and an Idea formed...why not make the invitations look like beds???

And thus the Pajama Party invites were born:

Aren't you just dying? I have been waiting to share these forEVER it seems. It has been very hard to keep them a secret but to build anticipation up to the event I've somehow managed to keep quiet!

I created a tutorial on how to make these because I love you. I will also be (hopefully) offering this whole to do kit in my Etsy Store for you to customize and use in your own Pajama Party!!

Supplies:
Fabric (I used some I had lying around the house)
Needle and Thread (I purposely used contrasting colours)
Cotton balls
1/4 inch Balsa Wood
Paint
Hot Glue Gun and Glue
Scrapbook paper (for invite information) and glue dots


Pretty much lather rinse repeat for the blankets. I forgot to take pictures of these but I measured them out to be 5 1/4 inches and 4 1/2 inches. Fold a small portion of each side over and do the same staggered style of stitching. 


This was my favourite part. I LOVE that she got to be a part of this and she loved painting the wood all by herself! Don't you love her tongue out in concentration?





I hope you enjoy these invites as much as I enjoyed making them. If you have any questions about them please feel free to email me!
dingelhopperpartydesigns at gmail dot com 

Linking up with See Vanessa Craft's Do Something Crafty Friday!!

See Vanessa Craft

No comments:

Post a Comment