Thursday, September 13, 2012

Pumpkin Waffles aka The best breakfast ever...

I know at this time of year all you hear is people saying "I love Fall" or "Fall is the best season in the world" or "I want to Marry my Pumpkin Spice Latte"...etc. 

Well, I love fall. :) Sorry I can't help it. The smells the colours the cooler weather? What's not to love?? 

So to celebrate over Labor day weekend we made these.


I know, I'm drooling too. 

1/4 cup light brown sugar
3 Tbsp. cornstarch
1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1 3/4 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. freshly grated nutmeg*
2 large eggs
1 cup Buttermilk
1 cup canned solid-pack pumpkin
4 Tbsp. unsalted butter, melted and warm

Optional: I made a homemade raspberry sauce to top off my waffles
2/3 Cup Raspberries (fresh or frozen)
2 Tbs sugar
1/2 Tbs corn starch
1/4 cup water



Gather all of your ingredients to get started! I melted the butter ahead of time to make sure it had time to cool and didn't scramble the eggs. 



Whisk the brown sugar and corn starch!


Have your ridiculously cute helper in her pj's grate the fresh nutmeg for you!




Add the Pumpkin and egg yolks to a bowl and then add the milk and melted butter.

Add the whites and a pinch of cream of tartar to another bowl to whip them until soft peaks form.



Add wet ingredients to dry and whisk.



Add your whites and fold in...



Gently.



Remember to strap three month old into his swing because if you do not and considering he has started turning over already he will manage to get out of his swing... :) 



Your batter is ready to go!



Pour 1/2 a cup of batter into each of the waffles.



Close lid and let the automatic waffle maker do his thing. 



No start your raspberry sauce...I know I said this was optional but it's really not. Trust me it's the best thing ever you won't regret it. Combine all ingredients into a sauce pan and simmer.



Whisk until some of the liquid has evaporated and you're left with a nice thick sauce. 



Strain the sauce into a bowl to get all of the seeds out and pop it in the freezer for 10 mins to cool down. 



Ding! Your first set of waffles is complete. Lather, Rinse, Repeat for your second batch!



When all of your waffles are ready and you are ready to eat transfer your raspberry sauce to a squeeze bottle to make it pretty.


And eat...I think I actually ended up eating three waffles. Man were they good!!

Please make these and let me know how tasty they were!!



No comments:

Post a Comment