Thursday, October 4, 2012

Mmmmm Favourites


My two favourite things this week: Meatball Subs and Bacon Mashed Potatoes!

Oh yeah I went there. 

Here's my favourite meatball recipe:
1 1/2 lbs of your favourite ground meat I used Turkey
1 egg
1/2 cup breadcrumbs 
1/2 cup shredded Mozzarella cheese
1 Jar of your fav tomato sauce

Preheat oven to 400 degrees


Combine the first 4 ingredients together in a bowl until you can start to form meatballs. Set your meatballs inside a 9x13 glass dish sprayed with non stick spray.


Add your jar of sauce on top of your meatballs. Cover them with foil and place them in the oven for 30 mins. 


I find that baking them in the sauce makes them super moist!


We got some super fluffy buns that were so tasty and topped it with the meatballs, sauce and cheese.


Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm Meatball Suuub


For the Mashed Potatoes:
2-3 Potatoes
4 Strips of Bacon
1/4 cup milk
Salt and Pepper

Boil the potatoes in a pot until they are nice and tender (but not too soft) I boiled mine whole because I watched an Alton Brown special that said you shouldn't cut them up first!

When the potatoes are tender I put them in a bowl and add the milk, salt and pepper and bacon and mashed until they had a great consistency. 

Mmmmmmmmmmm Bacon


BACON MASHED POTATOES!! So simple do this for Thanksgiving!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment